American Heart Association
CPR Renewal Courses
UPCOMING CPR AED RENEWAL CLASSES
CPR Renewal with Jurman Medical
When a cardiac emergency happens near you, be ready to save lives with the ACLS recertification course. Geared towards reinforcing and refreshing the skills and training you learned in the original ACLS course, the ACLS renewal class will give you the confidence you need to respond quickly in any scenario. Celebrating 30 years as an American Heart Association certification training site, Jurman Medical proudly offers AHA ACLS recertification and renewal courses. With a mission to make learning and practicing as stress-free and accessible as possible, our in-person, online, and hybrid courses ensure each student masters the skills required to act in a life-or-death situation.
CPR Renewal Information
The ACLS renewal course can take anywhere between 4-8 hours. The length of the course depends on several factors such as training materials, the class format, equipment to student ratios, and the number of students to instructor ratio. Smaller classes are usually much faster. Keep in mind that quality always matters, which is why instructors ensure enough time for students to fully learn the skills and training needed to save lives. When you complete your ACLS renewal certification, your completion card shows your commitment to responding effectively in a cardiac emergency. After two years, you must take an AHA ACLS renewal course to renew your ACLS certification. This ensures you are empowered to handle cardiovascular emergencies not just on the job, but in everyday occurrences.
The ACLS recertification course is for healthcare professionals who oversee or participate in medical activities surrounding cardiovascular emergencies, including cardiopulmonary arrest and other emergency responses requiring knowledge of heart function. In this instructor-led course, you will receive refresher training focused on:
- Preventing cardiac arrest
- Ideal continuous and early CPR methods
- Algorithm training
- Reviewing CPR and Basic Life Support (BLS) fundamentals
- Recognizing the signs of cardiopulmonary arrest
- Intervening when stroke and acute coronary symptoms (ACS) are present
- Providing post-cardiac arrest care
CPR Renewal Class Requirements
- Be 18 years old or with an adult
- Select an instructor-led ACLS renewal course location
- Register using name, email, and phone number
- Purchase the latest ACLS Provider eBook or manual
- To participate and receive full credit, you must be punctual. If you must cancel, you must do so within 48 hours of class start date to receive a full refund.
- All refunds will be subject to a 4% fee to cover credit card merchant fees.
- No refunds will be given once a class has been rescheduled
- All product sales are final and no refunds will be issued
- A limit of one free reschedule requests per registration
- Reschedule request must be made before your course start time
- In-person students are subject to be observed by other online students via Zoom
- Students will not photograph or record without permission
- Instructors will contact students not in attendance or with other issues for up to 15 minutes after course start time
When a patient is suffering through a medical crisis, ACLS provides crucial tools for healthcare and medical professionals to improve their chances of saving a patient’s life. It draws on a wide range of technical knowledge and is appropriate only to those who are deeply experienced in patient care. For those who are qualified, however, it can mean the difference between life and death for a person in critical need. As such, it’s often mandatory for advanced medical personnel who will treat patients during serious medical emergencies. ACLS courses teach students how to increase patient outcomes by sustaining life and making efforts to keep a patient’s neurological function intact during cardiovascular events such as stroke and heart attack. With ACLS, healthcare or medical professionals can optimize resuscitation efforts, and ultimately, improve their chances of saving a patient’s life. For most healthcare and medical professionals, ACLS certification usually is required for employment at hospitals and medical clinics. However, employers may provide funding for ACLS courses.
Courses Available in the following locations
Jurman Medical provides various types of American Heart Association approved CPR Certification Courses, First Aid Training Courses & BLS Certification Courses. These course types include online, on-site and blended options - we provide as much flexibility as we can for our customers.