Enroll in this course
The ACLS Instructor Essentials Course is taught in a blended-learning format. To become an AHA ACLS Instructor, candidates must complete the online portion, followed by the hands-on session, which is classroom based. The online portion of the course contains both core content and discipline-specific modules to prepare the instructor candidates for the hands-on session. In the classroom, our Faculty will continue preparing instructor candidates to become AHA instructors by focusing on the in-depth material about the ACLS discipline that candidates will be teaching.
The hands-on session includes instruction, practice, and an exam, allowing instructor candidates to successfully use their instructor materials and skills. As a ACLS Instructor, candidates will also be able to teach the following courses:
- ACLS Initial
- ACLS Renewal
- ACLS Heartcode Online and Skills
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills
- Simulated clinical scenarios that encourage Active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
- Airway management
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an AED
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Related pharmacology
STEPS TO BECOMING AN INSTRUCTOR
- Be accepted by a AHA Training Center (ACLS EDU) by enrolling in an Instructor Course and completing an Instructor Candidate Application with that Training Center.
- Have current AHA Provider status in the discipline for that Instructor Essentials course and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline.
- Successfully complete the Instructor Essentials Course, including both the online and hands-on session
- Successfully be monitored teaching within 6 months of completing the hands-on session of the Instructor Essentials course.
- Completing the Course Director Program as outlined by ACLS EDU in the Instructor Essentials Instructor Led Course. Instructors must be signed off as Course Directors by the Training Center Coordinator.
PREREQUISITES FOR INSTRUCTOR CANDIDATES
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a current American Heart Association ACLS Provider course completion card (no other ACLS certifications will be accepted)
- Be proficient in the skills of ACLS
- Complete the AHA ACLS Instructor Essentials Course Online
- Be aligned with an American Heart Association Training Center
ACLS INSTRUCTOR CARD
*Card valid for two years*
Jurman Medical provides online, onsite, blended and classroom American Heart Association First Aid, CPR, AED, BLS, ACLS, PALS certification and recertification courses.