American Heart Association
BLS Certification Classes
UPCOMING BLS CERTIFICATION COURSE
BLS Certification With Jurman Medical
When someone around you experiences a heart attack, are you aware of the vital next steps required to potentially save a life? In such a scenario, acting quickly and effectively can be the difference between life and death. A Basic Life Support certification course will equip you with the knowledge you need to provide life-saving care, helping to maximize a patient's chance of survival. Celebrating 30 years as an American Heart Association (AHA) certification training site, Jurman Medical proudly offers BLS certification and renewal courses for both healthcare professionals and everyday citizens. Approved and accredited by the American Heart Association, Jurman Medical is committed to making the process of learning essential life-saving skills as stress-free and accessible as possible. Our in-person, online, and hybrid AHA BLS certification courses are led by top instructors, ensuring each student masters the skills and training required to save lives in an emergency.
BLS Certification Information
The BLS certification course is designed to educate and train those who want to save lives. More specifically, it is geared towards healthcare professionals that participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. Upon successful completion of the Basic Life Support certification course, students will be rewarded with a course completion card, which is valid for two years. If you are interested in signing up for an Jurman Medical course, please contact your employer to ensure that you are selecting the appropriate BLS training course.
The BLS certification course is led by seasoned instructors that will teach you the life support skills required to respond to a cardiac emergency. This course teaches you how to respond as a single-rescuer or in a team setting. You will also learn how to respond in both pre-hospital and in-facility environments. By the end of this course, you should be able to respond effectively to cardiac arrest in almost any given setting.
You will also learn the following life-saving skills:
- Cardiac arrest prevention
- Post cardiac arrest care
- Algorithm training
- Basic life support fundamentals
- Appropriate CPR methods
- Signs of cardiopulmonary arrest recognition
The AHA BLS certification is considered a continuing education activity approved by the American Heart Association, a CAPCE accredited organization (CAPCE Activity Number:16-AMHA-F3-0302). This CE activity is accredited for 2.5 CEHs by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE). Upon completion of the BLS course, students will be issued same-day BLS CEUs. The continuing education units can then be claimed via email.
BLS Certification Class Requirements
Students attending the BLS certification course must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old or be accompanied by an adult.
- Purchase the 2020 BLS Provider Manual or eBook.
- Select an instructor-led classroom location.
- Provide us with your first and last name, email address, and contact number.
- Complete Course Registration and Payment Via jurmanmedical.com prior to class
- Refund requests for classroom-based courses must be made 2 Days (48 hours) before
your original course start time.
- All refunds will be subject to a fee of 4% to cover the cost charged by our credit card
merchant processing company.
- You are limited to 1 free reschedule requests per registration.
- Reschedule requests must be made before your course start time.
- No refunds will be given once a class has been rescheduled.
- All product sales are final and no refunds will be issued upon completion of sale.
- Be on time to attend - Tardiness of 15 minutes or less considered.
- In-Person Students are subject to be observed by other online Students Via Zoom.
- Students will not photographer or recorded without their expressed consent.
- Instructors will contact students not in attendance or with other issues 30 minutes before the course start time.
GOT BLS CERTIFICATION MEAR ME?
The Advanced Cardiac Life Support instructor-led course teaches students the importance of preventing cardiac arrest. Students will learn advanced medical skills necessary for BLS certification, including recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS). The BLS class also outlines working in high-performance teams, administering early and continuous CPR, and delivering high-quality post-cardiac arrest care.
Jurman Medical provides various types of American Heart Association approved CPR Certification Courses, First Aid Training Courses & BLS Certification Courses. These course types include online, on-site and blended options - we provide as much flexibility as we can for our customers.